From its humble beginning in 1974, IDAH has grown from a small plant in rural Taiwan to become a solution provider for shrimp feed, aquafeed, pet food, and alternative plant proteins. This experience has enabled customers to rapidly grow with IDAH’s processing machines and complete feed plant solutions.
CPM’s philosophy of research and development revolves around innovation, which is brought to life at the Innovation Center. This is the center of IDAH’s collective wisdom, where the experience from customers and global expert team members unite to keep CPM one step ahead of its competitors.
After listening to and understanding customer needs, CPM offers an “Experiment Now, Decide Later” solution. This allows customers to verify their new formulation and product ideas by prototyping first before spending significant up-front investments, and enables them to work closely with CPM to achieve their production goals and dreams.
IDAH provides extrusion trials for the following product prototyping:
- Aqua Feed (Shrimp Feed, Floating, Slow Sinking, and Sinking Fish Feed)
- Pet Food
- Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- High Moisture Meat Analogue (HMMA)
- Direct Expanded Extrusion Applications
All innovation solutions developed at the Innovation Center follow the Two Triangle Principle:
Triangle 1: PROCESS
- Energy Cost
- Wear Cost
- Operation Cost
Triangle 2: PRODUCT
At the Innovation Center, IDAH offers a complete 3-Day Extrusion Training Program.
This program highlights:
- Introduction to Extrusion Process
- Extruder Design and Configuration
- Extrusion of Aquatic Feed and Pet Food
- Density Control of Extruder Feed
- Micro Aquatic Floating Feed on Twin Screw Extruder
- Marine Fish Sinking Feed on Twin Screw Extruder
- Overview of Ingredients in Extrusion
- Vacuum Coating Extruder Products
- Pre-Conditioning for Extrusion
- Extrusion Troubleshooting
- Pet Food on Twin Screw Extruder
- Vacuum Coating of Pet Food
- Extrusion of Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)
- Understanding Co-Extrusion
- Quality Control
- Making Chunk-Type TVP on Twin Screw Extruder
- Co-Extruded Pet Treat on Twin Screw Extruder
CPM’s Innovation Center provides innovative, tailor-designed solutions for each customer, helping enable them to grow into world-renowned enterprises. At the Innovation Center, things only move in one direction: forward.
Partner with CPM and its family of trusted brands, including IDAH, to feed, fuel, and build a better world.
Watch the video below to explore the Innovation Center further.
Contact our team to learn more about CPM’s Innovation Center, equipment, technology, and capabilities.